Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daintees

Is anybody interested in a party?

I noticed that Martin Stephenson is playing Newport in January but it’s on a Saturday night. I am a long time fan of the Daintees and probably saw them seven times between 1986 (keele university) (picure below) and 1992, when I saw them at Bristol University on crutches (I was on crutches). Both times we went for a drink with them back stage.

Anyway I appear to be rambling, the point is that I can book Martin for an appearance the night after the Newport gig and was going to do it as a Canteen Christmas party (albeit in the middle of January).

Anyone interested in coming, please let me know and I’ll set the wheels in motion. It really would be a great opportunity to hear one of the country’s best songwriters.

No comments:

Post a Comment